Industrial training and Industrial visit is part of our academic curriculum of engineering course either diploma or degree. So Mainly final year students have to submit this industrial training report to their respective institute. And marks are allotted against the report. But this report also creates an impression if the students submit it to their training company. Sometimes some good reports aware industry about their loopholes. So the HR dept. and even some time GM call some students for an interview based on their report. Students completing a successful training and having a good industrial training report has a high possibility to get absorbed in the company. I personally don’t tell my students or viewer to copy the whole report and paste it to their file after changing the company details. But report making is an art. So here I just point out some key pages which must be included in the training report and some contents which help to write this type of report.
So the following pages have to be included in this type of Industrial training report given below…
1. Front Page: It a first page so it has to be perfect and looking good without any spelling mistake. Here students can include Company Name, Company Picture, and thereafter the person who has submitted the report followed by the instate details. See the featured image of the post.
You can substitute logo by company’s front picture, if logo is not available.
2. Self-Declaration: It is not a mandatory page, but for higher study, it is very important. Here the student has to declare that he has made this report. A format is given for your help.
I do hereby declare that this thesis/ Training report/ Visit report contains no materials that have been accepted for the award of any other degree or diploma in any University to the best of my knowledge. It is submitted to the fulfillment of Diploma/B.Tech/M.Tech. in Discipline at institution name under university/board/council. Materials presented in this thesis are the minor contribution towards ongoing research under the supervision of Guide name with the designation.
Students Name, Date
3. CERTIFICATE: Here students can enclose their training certificates in companies pad. Different companies have different certificate formats. Here I have enclosed one certificate format just for your understanding.
This is to certify that Mr./Miss/Mrs. Students name (Roll No.: …& Registration No…) to the Institution Name with address, under the Board/ University, has completed his/her training from — to — under our supervision and submitted report accordingly. He/She is a hardworking and intelligent student. I wish his success in life.
H.R/ GM , Signature with Stamp
4. Acknowledgment: Here students have to acknowledge different Managers and Officers who helped them to complete the training successfully and to make a training report. A particular acknowledgment report is annexed below for your better understanding.
While bringing out this report to its final form, I came across a number of people whose contributions in various ways helped my field of research and they deserve special thanks. It is a pleasure to convey my gratitude to all of them.
I would like to express my deep sense of gratitude and indebtedness to my supervisors. Name with Designation, for their invaluable encouragement, suggestions, and support from an early stage of this Industrial Training and providing me extraordinary experiences throughout the work. Above all, their priceless and meticulous supervision at each and every phase of work inspired me in innumerable ways.
I especially acknowledge Company GM/ Senior Manager/ HR for their advice, supervision, and the vital contribution as and when required during this Industrial Training. Their involvement with originality has triggered and nourished the intellectual maturity that will help me for a long time to come.
I am highly grateful to H.O.D, TPO, Principal, Department of Discipline for their kind support and permission to use the facilities available in the institute.
I am obliged to other important persons related to the industrial training for their support and co-operation that is difficult to express in words. The time spent with them will remain in my memory for years to come.
Finally, I am deeply indebted to parents and to my family members and office colleagues/ friends name for their moral support and continuous encouragement while carrying out this study.
Signature with Date
5. Miscellaneous information about our training place: Students can enclose the following information after consulting with HR and Senior Managers.
Name of the organization:
Area of the organization estate:
History of the organization:
Retail stores: if any
Whole sale depots: If any
Shift with timing:
Click here to see a sample copy.
6. Index / Table of Contents It is also a very important page. It helps the viewer to understand how to pages of the reports has been arranged. The total training schedule has been designed by HR or Senior Managers and they forward it different department’s managers or supervisors. And departmental training schedule has been designed by the senior manager of those respective departments. Here students can enclose the day wise training schedule or department wise schedule. They also may enclose different pictures of machinery, product, and sequence of operations after consulting with the departmental managers. A brief day wise schedule is enclosed here for your understanding.
Name of the department visited:
Persons responsible for training:
Type of the work being conducted:
Sequence of operations /Style:
Manpower/Style or Line:
Picture: Take consent from departmental manager and then attached
Attached material: Take consent from departmental manager and then attached
Click here to see a sample copy.
7. Results and Discussions/Suggestion: Every company wants to know the feedback from the students. They want to know how the trainee accessed the company in their eye. They want to know, is there any positive suggestions to improve the company? So there is a huge scope of the trainee to proof their efficiency and to impress the company by his thought. Here don’t ignore any small event where you think improvement can be made. Don’t be shy but point out all defects in the proper way and let the company think that you have noticed each and every small event.
8. Conclusions and Future Scope: Here a basic conclusion report is enclosed for your better understanding and it also helps you to make your conclusion reports.
Industrial training opens an immense opportunity to get aware of Industrial procedures, new technologies, and machinery and to apply our theoretical knowledge to see the practical outcome. It also teaches us to handle the operator and to tackle new challenges. And here I fulfill the objective of industrial training. Here we saw the large scale production for the first time. Above all, we got a chance to interact with top to bottom level managers. They help us to clear the confusion. The operators are very helpful. They also help us to understand the processes and types of machinery. Lastly, the personnel department always taking feed feedback from us about our training outcome. So we would like to keep this experience with us. And we hope this idea will help us in the future.
Some key tips for making the report in MS word: (After front page)
- The Industrial training report shall be computer typed (English Font –Times New Roman, Size-12 point) and printed on A4 size paper. Heading should be in the same font but Size 14.
- The training report shall be the Hard Copy of Training Report (Spiral Binding or Hand Binding). The training report shall be typed with 1.5 line spacing with a margin 3 cm on the left, 2.5 cm on the top, and 1.25 cm on the right and at the bottom.
- The page numbering, starting from acknowledgments and till index page should be printed in small Roman numbers, i.e, i, ii, iii, iv,v……
- All page numbers from the second page of each chapter should be printed using Arabic numerals, i.e. 2,3,4,5,6… All printed page numbers should be located at the bottom center of the page.
- Subject matter must be typed on a single side of the page.
- The reports should be checked thoroughly 3, 4 times to find out grammar or spelling mistakes.
- All the pages, images, tables, and figures must be numbered serially in their respective font and style.
Above all, making a training report is an art. If some students can think about it in a different way, they are also welcome. Here in this article, a brief description is given to let the viewer understand what industrial training report is and how it can be made.
If you like the post, you can share it, links are given in top and lower corner of the post and If you have any doubts, ask me in the comment section I will try to give the answer at the earliest.